Dot Voting helps to prioritize ideas or make decisions in a group. The participants can distribute a predetermined number of dots or points on content such as Notes or Sheets, whereby all votes are equal.
Use Dot Voting on the Sessionboard as well as on the laptop / PC in an active Session.
As a rule, the following steps are carried out in a Dot Voting:
- Collect options, ideas or problems in the form of Notes or Sheets.
- Agree verbally on a set number of points.
- Vote for the options.
- The content with the most points after voting wins.
Read more: How to vote in Weframe
The following points apply to Dot Voting in Weframe:
- Only the host of a Session can start a vote.
- All people who take part in a Session that has been shared, can take part in a dot voting. The set sharing mode does not matter.
- An ongoing vote is active throughout the whole Session.
- Voting can take place across Phases.
- An ongoing vote is stopped and saved as soon as the host closes the Session.
- Interrupted votes can be continued when the Session is reopened.