Weframe One can be used as a digital guest book for any social gathering. In the following we will guide you through the necessary steps.
- Use as a digital guestbook
Please note: The preparation and post-processing work should be carried out by an assistant (e.g. a staff member from the hotel) before or after the event. Moreover, an assistant to be present at the event next to the Sessionboard is required, so they can direct guests on how to interact with the Sessionboard and contribute content.
Creating a Weframe account
Before the event, the banquet/catering manager and point of contact with the event, will each need to set up a Weframe account, in order to prepare and save the content:
- Open the URL weframe.one in a browser on your personal device and open the menu at the top right.
- Click on the menu item "Login".
- Click on "Please register here."
- Enter your email address and a password.
- The registration can only be continued if you have read the legal notice and agreed with a check mark.
- Click on the red button "Register".
- You will receive an email. Complete the registration by clicking on the "Confirm my Account" button contained in this email.
- Welcome to Weframe One – you can now log in at any time.
Creating a new Session
- Click on the "+ Create new Session" button in your Session Library.
- In the following dialog window, name your Session ie. Wedding or event name and confirm with "OK".
Opening a Session on the Sessionboard
From here, you can open a Session on the Sessionboard. Proceed as follows:
- Click the red "Start" button on the Session you have just created.
- You will be asked to connect your device using the eight-digit PIN that is displayed on the Sessionboard.
- Your Session will appear on the Sessionboard you have connected to.
2. Use as a digital guestbook
The Sessionboard is now ready to be used as a digital guestbook. The guests have different options to use the Sessionboard, which we will go into in the following.
Please note: Guests do not need their own weframe account to use the following tools. It is completely sufficient if the assistant has previously created the Session in his Weframe account or saves the Session after the event in his account.
Connecting personal devices
In order for the guests to be able to contribute their own content, they must first connect their personal devices to the Sessionboard. In general, personal devices can be connected to the Sessionboard via PIN or QR code. If you are using a smartphone or tablet, the fastest way to connect is via QR code. Proceed as follows:
- Open the Connection Widget on the Sessionboard by tapping the red i-button of the Session Menu in the upper right corner of the Workspace.
- Enlarge the Connection Widget with a pinch gesture, if necessary.
- Scan the QR code with your smartphone or tablet, or open the url weframe.one in the browser of your laptop.
- If you have scanned the QR code, you are already connected. If you want to connect via PIN, click on the "Connect" button on weframe.one and enter the eight-digit PIN that is displayed on the Sessionboard
Creating and contributing Notes
Notes are digital sticky notes and an important tool for content on Weframe One. The guests can for example select a photo or video stored in their phone or take photos and videos at the event and share them as Notes. Proceed as follows:
- Connect your personal device (smartphone, tablet or laptop) to the Sessionboard.
- If you're not already in the right section, open the "Send your input" option in the top right corner of the Burger menu
- You are now in the "Send your Input" area and can directly create and contribute Notes to the opened Session on the Sessionboard. Click the red "+" Button on the bottom right and choose between creating Media (pictures, videos, GIFs,...) and Text Notes (text only).
- Send your finished Note to Session on the Sessionboard by dragging it to the Outbox on the top of the screen.
- All Notes sent to the Sessionboard, both yours and those of the other guests connected to the Session, appear in the blue Inbox at the top of the Sessionboard. Drag the Notes from the Inbox to the Workspace of the Session
Take a photo with the built-in camera. Proceed as follows:
- Open the cover flap of the integrated camera of the Sessionboard.
- Arrange yourself or the group in the image area of the camera.
- Tap the "Take picture" control panel.
- A three-second countdown begins, after which the camera releases. The captured photo appears as Note on the Workspace.
Writing and sketching
Create a handwritten note on a Sheet:
In order to create a handwritten note on the Workspace, you have to create a Sheet. Proceed as Follows:
- Activate the Main Menu by tapping on any grid cross on the Workspace.
- Select a Sheet in portraiot or landscape format
- Use the Weframe Pen and open the Sheet Menu with a single tap in the upper right corner of the Sheet.
- Choose your font/color and write a note to the couple (wedding application) or sign your name.
Write a note on a photo you sent to the Sessionboard or took using the built-in camera:
- Send a photo to the Sessionboard using the instructions above or take a photo using the built-in camera.
- Create a Sheet, drag the Media Note with the photo into the Sheet. Scale the image or video with two fingers to the desired size and arrange it/them.
- Activate the Note Menu in the upper right corner of the Media Note and fix the photo on the Sheet using the "Pin Note" function of the menu. Your photo is now fixed to the Sheet.
- Using the Weframe Pen, you can now choose your font and color and write a note on your photo.
Please note: If the Workspace is not sufficient for all content, you can switch to the next Phase by swiping the Workspace on the right edge of the screen to the left. Eight Workspaces per Session are available to you as Phases.
This step is important to ensure the content is saved and stored digitally. With Weframe One, intermediate and final results can be documented effortlessly with screenshots. The collected screenshots can then be downloaded collectively immediately after the Session is closed and made available to all guests. Proceed as follows:
- Arrange all contents clearly on the Workspace.
- Open the Main Menu on the Workspace.
- Trigger the screenshot with the "Screenshot" button. The screenshot is visualized by a short flash of the screen.
- Repeat the process for all intermediate states and Phases to be documented.
Please note: Arrange content so that the majority of the screen surface is covered and leave room towards the bottom to access the menu to use the screenshot function.
Transferring the Session
The banquet/catering manager can now transfer the Session to the event contact. To transfer a Session from your Weframe account to another account, proceed as follows:
- Log into your Weframe account at weframe.one and select "My Sessions" from the burger menu in the upper right corner.
- You are now in your Session Library. Look for the Session to be transferred, click on the three-point menu and there on the option "Transfer".
- A dialog opens in which you can copy the transfer link. Click on the corresponding button and send the link in a channel of your choice (e.g. Messenger, SMS, etc.) or by email. Check the box if you want to keep a copy of the Session to be transferred in your Session Library.
- The Session you transferred is grayed out in the Session Library and contains the note "This Session is awaiting transfer". Sessions waiting for transfer cannot be opened or edited.
- In order to accept the transferred Session, click on the link or copy it into the URL bar of your browser. You will be directed to weframe.one, log into your Weframe account. The Session is now transferred to your account and can be found in your Session Library.
Rearranging content and downloading screenshots
The couple can now go to their Weframe account, open the transferred Session and rearrange the content - images, photos, videos and notes. Once it's to their liking, they can transfer the Session back to the catering/banquet manager, and they can take screenshots using Sessionboard. Or take their own screenshots if they go back onsite to property. Proceed as follows to download the screenshots:
- Log into your Weframe account and click on the "My Sessions" section in the burger menu (top right).
- Make sure that the Session is closed on the Sessionboard. Click on the three-point menu in the upper right corner of the corresponding Session and select the item "Screenshots". This button is only available if screenshots have already been taken of the Session.
- The download starts directly and automatically without further confirmation. The progress of the download can be viewed in the download window of your browser.
- The screenshots are now saved as a folder in zip format on your device. You can find the storage location in your browser settings.
The final product could look like this:
Please note: This is just one Phase (page). You will need to screenshot each Phase so you will have downloads of the content on each Phase where there is content.