The laser pointer is a helpful presentation tool that can be used to temporarily highlight elements on the Workspace in order to direct the audience's attention in the desired direction. The use of the laser pointer is particularly helpful during real-time collaboration with several people at different locations.
- Possible uses of the laser pointer
- Calling & ending the laser pointer
- The behavior of the laser pointer
Possible uses of the laser pointer
The laser pointer can be used in various work situations both on the Sessionboard and in Desktop Editing on the laptop / PC:
- In Sessions
Use during a meeting, workshop or presentation on the Sessionboard. What has been said can be underlined on the Workspace without accidentally moving or painting over content.
- In Shared Sessions and video calls
Participants who are not on site can also see what shared content is currently being discussed. The marking of the laser pointer is synchronized on all participating devices.
Calling & ending the laser pointer
Please note: The laser pointer is used with the Weframe pen on the Sessionboard.
- On the Sessionboard, use the Weframe pen to tap the laser pointer button in the Main Menu. In Desktop Editing of Sessions, you will find the laser pointer in the upper toolbar. In both cases, the button remains selected until the laser pointer is ended.
- The active laser pointer is also displayed on the Workspace on the Sessionboard by a corresponding note at the top left.
The laser pointer can be ended in several ways:
- Select another tool in the upper toolbar on the laptop / PC.
- Choose a writing or sketching tool from the Sheet Menu (see below).
- Tap on "End" in the indication banner on the Sessionboard.
The behavior of the laser pointer
The laser pointer is used with the Weframe pen on the Sessionboard. The line "drawn" with the laser pointer only remains visible for a few seconds, so that the audience can concentrate on what has just been shown.
Interactions with other elements
When the laser pointer is active, no other interaction, such as moving content, is possible with the Weframe pen or the cursor. This ensures that you can easily point the laser pointer to all elements of the Workspace without accidentally changing the content.
Please note: Interactions with the finger are still possible on the Sessionboard, even when the laser pointer is activated. This includes, for example, calling up the Note Menu and moving and scaling content.
However, there are a few exceptions to performing interactions with the laser pointer activated:
- Press and hold the space bar on the laptop / PC to use the hand tool to pan around the image section.
- Use the touchpad on the laptop / PC to zoom in or out the Workspace.
- Open the Sheet Menu for quick access to the writing and drawing tools:
- With the laser pointer activated, tap / click the Sheet Menu. No writing or drawing tool is preselected.
- Choose a writing or sketching tool from the Sheet Menu. The laser pointer will end and you can write or sketch on the Sheet.
- In order to be able to use the laser pointer again, you have to call it up.