The laser pointer is a helpful presentation tool that can be used to temporarily highlight elements on the Workspace to draw the attention of your audience in the desired direction. The use of the laser pointer is especially helpful when you share content in a Shared Session with people on other Sessionboards, either while working on content together or in a Screen Sharing via Video Call.
In this article you will learn more about:
- Where and when can the laser pointer be used?
- Calling & Ending the laser pointer
- The behaviour of the laser pointer
Where and when can the laser pointer be used?
Please note: The laser pointer can currently only be used on the Sessionboard.
On the Workspace of a Session
The laser pointer can be used while working on a Sessionboard, both in a non-shared Session and in a Shared Session. It can be used during a presentation to help you underline what is being said on the Workspace without accidentally moving or sketching over content.
During a Video Call
In order to be able to discuss the content shared in a Shared Session with participants on a laptop / PC, the Workspace of the Sessionboard can be transmitted via Screen Sharing in a Video Call. As soon as you now point with the laser pointer to the corresponding contents of the Workspace on the Sessionboard, the marking is transmitted together with the entire Workspace to the participants on the laptop / PC via Screen Sharing.
Please note: Conversely, as a participant in a Shared Session or Video Call on a laptop / PC, you cannot yet point with a laser pointer to the content transmitted via Screen Sharing in the current version.
Calling & Ending the laser pointer
Please note: The laser pointer is used with the Weframe Pen on the screen of the Sessionboard.
- Tap with the Weframe Pen on the corresponding button in the Main Menu of the Workspace. The button remains selected until the laser pointer is closed.
- The laser pointer is active and a corresponding indication banner is displayed in the upper left corner of the Workspace.
The laser pointer can be ended in several ways:
- Calling the Main Menu and select the active laser pointer button.
- Tapping "Exit" on the indication banner.
- Selecting a writing or drawing tool from the Sheet Menu.
The behaviour of the laser pointer
The laser pointer is called with the Weframe Pen and is used on the screen of the Sessionboard. The line "drawn" with the laser pointer only remains visible for a few seconds so that the audience can concentrate on what has just been shown.
The marking of the laser pointer is synchronized in a Shared Session so that participants on other Sessionboards can better follow the meeting by seeing what is being pointed at.
Interactions with other elements
When the laser pointer is active, no other interaction, such as moving content, is possible with the Weframe Pen. This ensures that the laser pointer can be used to point to all elements of the Workspace without accidentally changing content.
- With the laser pointer activated, tap the Sheet Menu with the Weframe Pen. No writing or sketching tool is preselected.
- Select a writing or sketching tool from the Sheet Menu. The laser pointer will end and you can write or sketch on the Sheet.
- In order to use the laser pointer again afterwards, you must call it again from the Main Menu.
Please note: Interactions with the finger are still possible on the Sessionboard even when the laser pointer is activated. This includes, for example, calling up the Note Menu and moving and scaling content.