The weframe video call is a simple video telephony, which enables a real-time exchange of several people at different locations via audio and video channel. A video call can be joined via weframe device or via laptop / PC.
Please note: The big difference to a classic video conference is that you can take advantage of a Shared Session during a video call between several weframe devices. Work together synchronously on contents of the workspace and discuss it during a video call.
Requirements for a video call
To start or join a video call, you must be in a Shared Session. To do this, share a Session of your weframe account by yourself - you are the host - or be invited to a Session - you are a participant.
The following basic principles apply:
- The invitation to a Shared Session / video call is made via a link.
- Only the host can generate a link and send it to participants.
- The host must first open the Shared Session on the weframe device before participants can join.
- Participants via laptop / PC can only join a Shared Session via video call.
Join a video call
On the weframe device
- Click on the invitation link or copy it into the URL bar of a current browser. Click on "Join on the weframe board" and connect to the weframe device.
- Open the camera cover on the weframe device.
- Tap "Join" on the video call widget on the left side of the screen.
- Tap once on the widget to open the camera window.
- You are now in the portrait view of the video call and automatically switch to the grid view as soon as other participants have joined the video call. If necessary, you can minimize the camera window back to the video call widget by selecting the "More" option and then "Minimize window".
On a laptop / PC
- Click on the invitation link or copy it into the URL bar of a current browser and click on "Join on this computer".
- You are directly in the vide ocall environment. Access to your camera, microphone and location are queried. Allow these settings in your browser and click "Continue".
You are now in the portrait view of the video call and will automatically switch to the grid view as soon as other participants have joined the video call.