Measuring the bandwidth of your internet access should be done before the initial setup of the weframe device. This will ensure that the necessary internet connection requirements are met and that no problems occur. The weframe device can then be put into operation directly via plug & play using the LAN cable provided, premised that you have activated the device in the network and it can automatically obtain a valid IP address.
While the weframe device can only be connected to the network via the integrated LAN cable, the participants with their own devices usually connect to the internet via a wireless WLAN connection. Therefore, make sure that the internet speed is sufficient over both channels.
Measuring internet speed
- Make sure that your laptop / PC is enabled for internet access.
- First connect your laptop / PC via a LAN cable to the LAN socket on which the weframe device is to be operated. If necessary, use a LAN adapter.
- Visit the website fast.com. The measuring process starts automatically.
- When the measuring process is finished, click the "Show more info" button.
- Repeat the process with a wireless Wi-Fi connection of your laptop / PC.
- Compare the results with the requirements for Internet access.