A video call can be conducted within an ongoing Shared Session for additional video and audio transmission. This allows for optimal communication during the Shared Session.
The number of participants in a Video Call by Weframe is not limited. However, if the participation is very high, there may be a loss in transmission quality and speed. Please also check whether the corresponding requirements for internet access are met.
Please note: The requirement for the video call is the participation in a Shared Session. Participants via laptop / PC join a video call directly.
In this article you will learn more about:
Joining a video call on the Sessionboard
Within an ongoing Shared Session, participants on Sessionboards can join a video call at any time.
- Invite to a Session as a host or join a Session as a participant via Sessionboard.
- Activate the camera on your Sessionboard. To do so, open the cover of the camera on the upper left edge of the screen. If you would like to make a phone call without video image, you can also leave it closed.
- Tap "Join" on the video call widget on the left side of the screen. Your video image will automatically be transmitted to the participants if you have opened the camera cover.
- Tap on the widget to open the camera window and to see the video transmission of the participants.
- You are now in the portrait view of the video call and automatically switch to the grid view as soon as other participants have joined the video call. If necessary, you can minimize the camera window back to the video call widget by selecting the "More" option and then "Minimize window".
Joining a video call via laptop / PC
Participants via laptop / PC always join automatically a video call as soon as you open the link to the shared Session and select your device. Participating in a video call via laptop / PC is therefore equivalent to participating in a Shared Session. How to join a Session via laptop / PC.
Please note: Participation in a video call or Shared Session via laptop / PC is only possible if the host already joined the Shared Session on the Sessionboard.
Leaving a video call
You can leave the video call at any time, regardless via which device you are participating. The video call is only terminated for yourself, the other participants are still in the video call.
Leaving via Sessionboard
Tap the red "Leave" button on the control panel or the video call widget.
Leaving via laptop / PC
Click "Leave" on the control panel.