In the invitation process for a Shared Session, the host can choose between different access rights of the participants to the Shared Session. This ensures that group work is controlled and that data statuses can only be edited with the appropriate authorization. In addition, the host can change the access rights at any time. For example, it may be necessary to revoke the rights to edit a Session after working together on it.
Please note: The access modes have an influence on the type of collaboration, i.e. whether all participants can work independently of one another or whether they are led through a Session by the host.
What access rights are there?
Depending on the group work situation, the host can choose between three different access rights that he can assign to the participants of a Shared Session:
- "Only you have access" (Default setting)
Only you as the host and owner of the Session have access to the Shared Session. It cannot or can no longer be opened and edited by participants. This allows you to revoke all rights to the Shared Session from the participants.
Please note: With this setting, the link cannot be copied and sent to participants, as they would not have access to the Session. Select a setting with access rights to the Shared Session.
- "Access while Session is active"
You can only participate in a Session as soon as and as long as the host has opened the Shared Session on the Sessionboard, i.e. it is active. You take on the role of the moderator and lead the Session while the participants follow you. The Phase change is synchronized.
- "Full access"
You can participate in a Session at any time, even if the host has not opened the Shared Session on the Sessionboard, i.e. it is currently not active. Phase changes are not synchronized, i.e. all participants can work independently of one another in different Phases.
Grant or change access rights
Access rights can be managed by the host in the Session Library. To do this, follow the procedure below:
- Inviting participants to a Shared Session as well as changing the access rights of an already shared Session takes place under "Share Session" in the three-point menu of the corresponding Session.
- Select the desired access right from the drop-down list. It does not matter whether you have already shared the Session via the link and now want to change the access right, or whether you want to share the Session for the first time. Once you have selected the access right, it is changed and valid for all participants.
Please note: The generated link is persistent. It therefore remains persistent for the Shared Session and does not change, even if you change the access rights. The same link can be used again and again for this Session.
- If you would like to revoke all rights to the Shared Session from the participants, then select "Only you have access" from the access rights
Please note: If you withdraw access rights from the participants, they will be informed of this in an ongoing Session.
- Click on "Done" to close the window.