If you open a Session already created (e.g. on a weframe device) on your laptop / PC, all the content you have arranged will be displayed and can be edited further. New content in the Desktop Editing can be added via the Main Menu or via drag-and-drop.
In this article you will learn more about:
- Create content
- Edit content
- Transfer content
- Scale content
Create content manually
- Click on the Main Menu in the lower right corner of the Workspace.
- Select the desired element from one of the menu items.
- The selected element appears on the Workspace. You can now edit it here.
Create Media Notes via drag-and-drop
Besides the manual creation of Media Notes via the corresponding button, you can also transfer your pictures, videos and PDFs directly to the Workspace via drag-and-drop.
- Click and hold the left mouse button on the images, videos or PDFs you want to move.
- Drag the files to the Workspace of the open Session. Keep the left mouse button pressed while dragging.
- Release the mouse button to place the files on the Workspace of your Session. A separate Media Note is created for each file.
- After loading the files, images, videos and PDFs appear in their original format and you can scale and move them on the Workspace.
- Click on the desired element (Text or Media Note, Sheet) with the Selection Tool.
- The selected element is given a black frame, indicating that it is active.
- Activate the menu of the element to be edited. Click on the upper right corner of the Sheet or Note.
- You can then edit the contents, as usual, using the respective menu. Writing and sketching on the Sheet is also possible in Desktop Editing, but requires a little more practice with the mouse pointer instead of the Pen.
Please note: Delete one or more elements at once by pressing the ⌦ delete or ⌫ backspace key.
You can copy and paste all contents of a Session, Text, Media Notes or Sheets, across different Phases and work statuses. This makes it easier to reuse existing content. If you only want to transfer content from one Phase to the next within the open Session, you can also simply move it.
Copy content to other Phases and Sessions
- Click on one or more elements (Text, Media Note or Sheet) with the selection tool. The selected element will have a black frame indicating that it is active.
Please note: For a multiple selection of elements, press the ⇧ shift key at the same time and mark the desired elements with the mouse. All elements between the first and the last clicked element are marked together - while simultaneously holding down the ⇧shift key.
- Press the following key combination to copy the item: cmd ⌘ + C for macOS and ctrl + C for Windows. The element is added to the clipboard.
- To paste the copied element, press the following key combination: cmd ⌘ + V for macOS and ctrl + V for Windows. You can paste the copied element into the same phase, another phase of the open Session or into another Session. When you insert the element, it is placed in the same size and position on the Workspace of the currently active Phase.
Please note: The copied element can be pasted repeatedly by pressing cmd ⌘ + V for macOS and ctrl + V for Windows again.
Move content to other Phases
- Click on the desired element (Text, Media Note or Sheet) with the selection tool and hold it down.
- Slowly drag the item to the right edge of the Workspace if you want to move it to the next Phase and to the left edge if you want to move it to the previous Phase. A transparent storage area opens.
- Release the element in the storage area. The corresponding Phase with the moved element opens.
Pease note: No Phases can be skipped with this method. To move contents from Phase 1 to Phase 5, for example, you must go through all the Phases in between. Use the Copy and Paste method to transfer content more easily between Phases.
Click on the desired element to activate it, the black frame appears. The size of all elements in the Desktop Editing can be changed by clicking and dragging the lower right corner of the black frame.